Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: bareMinerals: Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20

Review: bareMinerals: Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20

Hate it   Dislike it   Neutral   Like it    Love it
Will I repurchase it?   Yes   No   Maybe

I am a big bareMinerals fan! I love their lipglosses, their powder foundations, powder concealers, mineral veils,...I love them! On an everyday basis I prefer to wear a liquid/cream concealer as opposed to powder, so I was excited to see that bareMinerals had a cream concealer. bareMinerals said this of the product: "this creamy formula combines SPF protection with superior lightweight coverage that blends seamlessly to conceal blemishes, dark under-eye circle and other skin imperfection all day long." 


bareMinerals - bareminerals® Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20
When I tried it I applied it with my fingers. I know they have a brush for their powder concealer but I don't know if you can use it for this concealer, maybe that would have worked out better. I tried warming it up in with my fingers but the product is very thick and it was hard to blend out. i felt like I was pulling too much under my eyes (which is a con since that skin is very delicate). I have very dark under-eye circles and the concealer did not cover them. I might have worked a little bit better if had a brightening component but it doesn't. This concealer is better for spots and blemishes since it provides color without brightening effects. 


The product retails for about $20 dollars. It come in 8 shades. However, they are mostly aimed at lighter skin tones so if you have darker skin they may not have your color. I might give it another shot in the future and try applying it with a brush or a different technique, but for now I'll stick to their Broad Spectrum Multi-Tasking Face powder concealer.


            You can but this product online at Sephora or BareEscentuals or in any department store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment