Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Benefit: They're Real! Mascara

Review: Benefit: They're Real! Mascara


Hate it   Dislike it   Neutral   Like it    Love it 
Will I repurchase it?   Yes   No   Maybe

If you follow the make-up/beauty world then I'm sure you have seen this before. I constantly hear people rave about how amazing Benefit's They're Real! Mascara is, so I was excited to get a sample size and try it out. Even though it was a sample size, the brush was exactly the same and so was the formula. The brush is a hard plastic bristle brush and there is quite a bit a of space in between each bristle compared to other wands. It also has a few bristle sticking up on the end (it is like they're sticking out of a dome). The first thing I noticed was that the product itself was very thick and it clumped up between the bristles. There was a lot of product build up on the end but I tried it out anyways. 

The product is very thick and wet and clumps up very easily. For my lashes, it lengthen them a bit and made them look quite spidery. It was a letdown for volume and definition. It takes a while to dry so you can't move your eye or you will have black gunk all over your eyelids. It performed even worse on my bottom lashes. Since it is not waterproof, I had huge raccoon eyes at the end of the day. It didn't really flake of but it did smudge a lot. I was very disappointed because 1) I love Benefit and they usually have amazing products and 2) So many people love it so much I have very high hopes/expectations for it. 

Benefit Cosmetics - They're Real! Mascara


Of course it might have a different outcome for someone else, products work differently on different bodies. It retails for $23 dollars, so it's not a cheap mascara. If you like wet and thick mascaras this could work out for you. I was unfortunately disappointed. I might give it another shot in the future, but now I think I'll keep it in a drawer. 

This is the one I tried (sample size). 

You can purchase this product at Sephora or Benefit or any department store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment